Top 10 Meanings for the '95' in Windows 95
- The year it was due to ship
- The number of diskettes it shipped on
- The percentage of people who had to upgrade their hardware
- The number of megabytes required for the minimum installation
- The number of pages in the easy-install manual
- The percentage of Designed for Windwos 95 programs that don't run properly
- The number of minutes it takes to install
- The number of seconds before it crashes after it boots
- The number of people who actually paid for the upgrade
- The number of good jokes not used in this list
By CNET STAFF
June 5, 1998, 4 a.m. PT
special reportDespite Microsoft's dominance, its rivals--Netscape, Sun, and Apple--are bouncing back. Their operating risks remain high, but all are making headway in their strategies as Microsoft gets dragged deeper into a legal morass.
Can the company create synergy
between its disparate
Apple seeds anew
After suffering losses, Apple
regroups and finds leadership.
Sun burns brightly
The company was in a slump, but
it is now enjoying a resurgence.